3d printer models

Hello,

I am interested in learning how to 3d print strictly for fun to begin with. Does anybody have advice on brands they like, i know Ender and Creality are popular but then there is qidi and craetbot. Some more extensive than others most seem to be made over seas. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

As far as a 3D printer, get an Ender 3 V3 SE. It’s cheap, fast, versatile, new, and the Ender 3s are super popular so there is a lot of info on them.

What if i am looking for sometime that is a bit larger? Am I better off starting smaller and growing knowledge before going bigger?

1 Like

Honestly, you probably don’t need a bigger printer. Usually people (myself included) think they need big printer, but you’ll be surprised at how big that Ender 3 can print. Not to mention, big printers cannot print as fast because they have to lug around a huge and hevy bed. But, if you still want a big 3D printer, maybe look for a Creality CR-10 or CR-10S. But if you are ok with spending more money, get the Creality K1 Max. But I would recommend getting the Ender 3 V3 SE just so can get the hang of 3D printing and then if you need something bigger, get the CR-10, CR-10S, or K1 Max.

Great, thank you for the information it is very helpful. My preference is to buy the right printer the first time around. Hence the bigger one. Plus, it can always be used to generate revenues?

Best regards!

Starting smaller and gradually expanding your knowledge is often beneficial. It allows you to grasp fundamentals, build confidence, and troubleshoot effectively. Beginning with a smaller project provides a solid foundation for tackling larger endeavors in the future.

question how big does it print looking to make molds for candles and such looking for height. Thanks Steve

220x220x250mm max build Volume.

how do they list width, length, height.

Not sure, but it looks like the height is 250.

also looking at the Creality Ender 3 Max Neo

or this one Creality Resin 3D Printer Halot-Mage, 8K Resolution 10.3" Mono LCD Resin Printer High-Precision Integral Light Dual Z-axis Print Size 8.97x5.03x9.05in

Pulled the plug just bought the Creality Ender 3 V3 SE! Thanks DR3D for the advice.

1 Like

Hi Steve,

I believe it is almost impossible to make the right choice. Instead of watching even more reviews on youtube for days, I finally decided to buy one and move on from there. Hope you going to like at and print a lot and after a lot of experience you will probably know if it was the right choice or what your next printer has to be.