Creality Ender 3 S1 Upgrades: Make it Pro

Originally published at: Creality Ender 3 S1 Upgrades: Make It Pro | 3D Print Beginner

After my Ender 3 S1 review, I concluded that the S1 is a great choice when it comes to buying a 3D printer because it’s really well made and easy to use. But Creality thought it can make it even better so the new Ender 3 S1 Pro is now…

Nice tutorial…
But, I have 2 doubts, the first one is how to set up new temperature limits on original marlin firmware and the second is how can I identify what is the cpu that came in my printer? I’m new in the 3d printer universe and I don’t know how to get this information…

so…I found out what the cpu is. I took the printer apart and I was able to see what the cpu is.
I even have the possibility to install Klipper, but I don’t have any raspberry…so I’m going to stick with Marlin anyway. However, my question about how to change the printer’s configuration parameters remains. How can I do this? Is there a tutorial on how to do this? Thanks if anyone can send the link.

You need to re-compile Marlin firmware if you want to change temperature limits

recompile a firmware…ok.
But how can I do this?
I found some topics to compile firmware for other printers, however, I don’t know where to get the source code for ender 3 S1.
I thought of a hypothesis and I don’t know if it would work. Is it possible to install ender 3 s1 pro firmware on ender s1?
If a raspberry here in my country wasn’t so expensive I would prefer to use Klipper.
I saw your article about installing Klipper on ender s1 and I thought it was amazing. In fact, the printing speed it achieved was sensational. Congratulations for the article and the tutorial.

here in my country I have to pay about U$600 for a raspberry PI 4…
and about 520 to $550 for a Pi3.
so, it is an expensive option and in this case, it would be better to buy another printer.
when I said source code, I thought of creality’s official source code for the ender 3 s1…

however, what shocked me the most was the level of support from creality.
sell the product as a specific upgrade for the ender 3 s1 itself to work at higher temperatures and do not provide the necessary subsidies for this.
The worst, I bought the sprite extruder pro and it arrived broken. The fan air duct was broken.
Man, think of my frustration…

I shared an article with alternatives for raspberry pi. Feel free to check it out.
I also have the Pro extruder on the way, and I will check how easy it is to perform the upgrade. But if yours is broken, just check with Creality and return it.
I always recommend buying from Banggood/Geekbuying/AliExpress/Amazon because you get much better support if there’s a problem.

P.S. Try to post your comment in a single post. It is easier to follow :slight_smile:

Hi,
I wonder if it is possible to replace the wheel screen of the Ender 3 S1 by the touch screen of the Ender 3 S1 PRO, the motherboards being the same on both printers.

Where to find in Europe or China a touch screen of Ender 3 s1 PRO ?

I think you can, but not sure why you would do that. I am not sure it’s worth it.

I have both S1 ( stm32f103 ) and S1 Pro ( stm32f401 )

they both running klipper! I tweaked your printer.cfg a little and its working flawless :slight_smile: Thanx !

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from [Creality Ender 3 S1 Upgrades: Make it Pro]

Good instructional. Regarding questions I wanted to know if you had a good, current link where I can purchase the complete heater block assembly with all metal heat break to upgrade the one with PTFE on the stock s1 to upgrade, and I also would like to know if you have any suggestions on how to upgrade the plastic arm on the s1 sprite extruder to metal, as I know the plastic ones break with time, especially that it’s an awkward angle trying to get a grip on it and pull on it
to allow loading or changing filament.?

There is a link in the article for the block.
I wouldn’t worry about the plastic idler.