Day 0. Advice Needed

Greetings,

I’m a laboratory/engineering technician who has an interest/need to learn 3D printing, mostly for chemical research purposes. I have zero knowledge of the topic or any of the hardware/software/materials/techniques. I have coding ability in Matlab and Python if at all applicable.

I could really use advice on where to go to get started. If there are online courses or books or youtube videos which are particularly helpful, let me know. Also, what program should I use? I see there’s options including Tinkercad, Fusion 360, SolidWorks, and Blender.

Any help is appreciated.

I have only been doing this for about a year. But I will say it is worth it.
IMHO, I would if starting out, would get an Ender 3 or newer, I would install Fusion 360, and Cura. At a minimum. Look up online such as youtube for how to’s. Then start experimenting. I very quickly found I was able to make parts for my workplace to save having to buy new items over something small that failed.
One word though, Not much of the how to’s will help too much until you have a machine to work with.
Also, buy quality PLA, PETG, or ABS for your projects. And buy some plastic tubs to fit each of your filament rolls into to keep them very low on moisture.

I hope that helps to some degree…
Good luck,… Have fun