Ender 6 Direct Drive Conversion with BIQU H2 Extruder

Originally published at: Ender 6 Direct Drive Conversion With BIQU H2 Extruder | 3D Print Beginner

In my Ender 6 review, I mentioned that having a direct drive extruder could improve the printer speed and quality. So, designed an Ender 6 direct drive mount and converted the printer by using the excellent BIQU H2 extruder. Why convert the Ender 6 to direct drive? I previously covered…

So I configured everything according to the guide, however I’m unable to get my extruder to work. It does nothing when I send the extrude gcode command to it. I’m certain I have it wired correctly so I don’t know what the issue is. Do you have any idea how I can figure out what’s going on?>

Have you set the hotend temperature to ~200C before extruding?
The extruder will not work with a cold hotend

I have this same problem. I double checked all the settings and they are correct plus I am up to temp before i try to extrude. I tried using the console and the GUI but the motor sounds as if it engages but doesn’t move.
This set up was working awesome right before I installed Klipper.
Any thoughts?

I have installed the Biqu H2 extruder (not yet the Klipper). So in the Marlin menu when i Feed the filament there comes something out. Nice. But when i do a test print, the print hangs on “heating”. Whats amazing me is that the temperature of the hotend fluctuates so much. When the selected temp is 215, it swings from 222 to 209. What can i do next to get printing?

Solved, You have the calibrate the PID when you change something in the “heat department”.
Another thing was that the heat cartridge was upgraded from 40W to 150W. The standard marlin firmware can’t handle that. It’s PID method is just to slow. I installed the 40W back and migrated to Klipper/Supersliser. It works now like a charm.