Ender 6 loud noise on acceleration at <= 100 mm/s

Printer: Comgrow Ender 6
Slicer: Cura
Hardware: Stock then modified to BIQU H2 + Linear Rails
Problem: So I was printing on my stock Ender 6, whenever I printed at speeds near 100 mm/s I get a loud almost grinding noise when it accelerates and actually gets up to 100 mm/s. The prints come out just find, but the noise is pretty loud. I know others are having the same issue, but no one seems to have a solution.

What I tried: I spoke to Comgrow numerous times and they don’t have a solution for me either. They suggested I only print at 60 mm/s. shakes head I’ve measured the distance between the rails, but everything looks fine. I’ve checked the motors and bearings, everything visually seems good. I’ve even upgraded to linear rails and same issue.

I’m attaching a link below of a video of it making the noise but not sure if you can go to it.

1 Like

Sorry meant to say >= to 100 mm/s. Not sure how to edit the title.

My link was also removed.

Considering that you have modified the printer, I don’t know if Comgrow are even responsible for providing support anymore :slight_smile:

Either way, the video should be helpful in getting more information about it. Super-new users have a limitation, but I will solve that now. You should be able to post the link in a few minutes.

My bet is the rails are not parallel, the mounts are not stiff enough or the belt tension is different.

still can’t seem to add links in here.

Discourse works with trust levels. You are currently at Trust Level 0. After you reach Trust Level 1, you will be able to post links. Read more about it here: Discourse Levels
This is a measure to avoid spammers.

I already lowered the requirements to 3 topics, 5 read posts and 5 minutes spent reading. I think that’s good enough, and you can reach that by simply reading the rules.

Got it. Hopefully the link below works now. It appears others have the same issue, but no one seems to have a solution.

Your gantry is probably not square, or the belt tension is different.

1 Like

I measured the gantry and it’s square. What’s the best way to properly belt tension? I watched the video from Creality and it wasn’t very specific. It’s only best guess for me.