How to Install Klipper on Creality Ender 3 S1 Pro: Config and Setup

Originally published at: https://3dprintbeginner.com/install-klipper-on-ender-3-s1-pro/

I previously covered the Ender 3 S1 Klipper installation, but things are a bit different for the S1 Pro, so I thought it would be helpful to cover this in a separate article. In this guide, I will show you how to install Klipper on the Ender 3 S1 Pro.…

I see that the Klipper GitHub also has a config file for the S1 Pro now, but when I compare that config file with the config file from this article, there are quite a few differences… so, now not sure which file is more current or accurate… any advice on this?

You are free to use any klipper config :slight_smile:

Can I copy/past sections from one file to another to “make” my own config? Or will this cause issues?

No problem in doing that. You just need to make sure you know what you’re doing and understand what’s changed.

Hi,
Im at klipper firmware configuration, and for processor STM32F401 there is only on bootloader offset avalaible “16KiB bootloader (HID bootloader)” and in the guide there is 64 KiB bootloader selected. Should i go with 16 KiB bootloader? Or i need to update somthing to get 64 KiB option?

Great tutorial for the S1 Pro. Worked great on my STM32F401. Thanks to 3DPrintBeginner. So nice to get rid of the SD card and enjoy tons more features with Klipper. I was lucky to have a Pi4b I bought a year ago. One tip I have for those installing Klipper is to uninstall the Arc_Welder plugin in Cura if they have it installed. The G2 and G3 codes it yields do not work in Klipper without making changes.

Oh… One more thing. The Klipper firmware did not flash on the first try. But did flash fine on the second try. Weird!

Same issue. Looking for how to fix this.

Hello everyone, I’ve had my S1 Pro for a week now and am thinking of trying Klipper for the first time. I have a Raspberry Pi already on another printer I’m planning on moving over to the S1 Pro for Octopi but I may just use it for this. So my question is my Pi already has the official Pi 7” screen so will that work with this firmware like normally running Octopi?

Yes. you just need to install KlipperScreen