Is there a 3D printer direct drive extruder that does not (necessarily) belong to a specific brand?

Hello! I am new here and I have a question:
I will soon have a stepper motor controlled large 100cm*120cm xyz milling machine in my use. I have designed the electronics and mechanics from scratch. The machine will be used for carving wood etc, but I know it can be used to move a 3D printer extruder also.
I have tried to google for a direct drive extruder for the machine, but have found only ones that are meant for a specific brand. Does anybody know if there is an kind a general extruder that I can add to my machine. I also need to know how it is controlled. Extruders have steppers for pushing the filament trough the heater, I guess I can control the stepper with clock pulses, or? Well that might be explained in the user guide if I find what I am searching for.
So I need an extruder which is not specific to an existing 3D printer, or if it is, that can be used with my own design.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
JPI

I do not really undestand your question… I guess you could always adapt the machine to the extruder of prefference.

The Bondtech BMG type, for example.

Trianglelabs in China has got some to choose from: