Linear Rails mod

Hi all. I have a Sidewinder X1 for about a year and a half now and as I get more comfortable with adjustments and troubleshooting, I’m tempted to make the linear rails mod. I’ve been reading Artillery Linear Rail Y Axis Mod Guide: Sidewinder X1 And Genius | 3D Print Beginner and trying to understand it.

I have a few questions, though. The guide pics seem to be from the genius, right? How to mount the 2 rails mentioned for x1? Is it worth it? How about making this mod on the z axis?

What are the result you are looking to get with the mod?

Basically I want to eliminate maintenance and make sure the y is always right. Sometimes I don’t use the printer for a week or two and I notice the bed is not rolling perfectly. I can’t seem to get the wheels right.

I think it’s cheaper to just replace the wheel with polycarbonate. I don’t think you will see any significant quality difference when you move to linear rails.
But if you still want to do it, I think it will work just fine. Other people did it on the X1, so you might find more information on the Sidewinder X1 Facebook Group/Discord.

Humm… I think I’ll take your suggestion and, at least for now, put this mod on hold. Thanks for the input.