Looking for advice on 3D printers

Hello everyone, I have been thinking about buying a 3D printer recently, but among the many choices, I am a little confused. I hope I can ask for help here and see if anyone has any recommendations or experiences to share.

My idea is to open a 3D photo studio in a certain scenic spot and scan tourists to print exclusive real-life figures. My ideal state is to complete scanning + printing as quickly as possible, so that tourists can get the figures on the same day, preferably in color with realistic effects.

I want the printer to be priced within my budget. It is best to control the price within 7,000 US dollars
, after all, this is a big investment and I hope it will be worth it. Secondly, quality is also an important factor that I consider. I want the printed products to be accurate and stable, without all kinds of problems.

In addition to price and quality, I’d also like to know about the printer’s printing speed and material compatibility. I hope to get the product I want as soon as possible. At present, I am still struggling with the choice of 3D scanner. Someone recommended the MIRACO 3D scanner. It seems to be an all-in-one design and looks very convenient, but I don’t know much about the details.

If you have any recommended brands or models, please share them. I hope to hear everyone’s real experience using it, not just official propaganda. thank you all!

Well, I am not sure whether it would be possible to do what you have described… printing takes time.

If you wanted so detailed models, I would advice you to use a resin printer. The “problem” with resin is that there is a whole proccess after the print job gets done. Parts need to be cured and it also takes time.

Apart from this, as far as I know there is no multicoloured printing with resin, I may be wrong, so the only possibility would be painting.

FDM printing can give you some details but not that good as with resin and in order to achieve it you would need a very well calibrated printer and some experience.

There is a printer which is said to print fast and multicolour:

I would join an user group and do some research in regard to this printer.

1 Like