Simplify 3D snapping my nozzle?

I recently bought a Creator 4, a great machine the flash print software is great to use as well but I wanted a bit more control and capability of quality. So I bought Simplify 3D and it’s been nothing but problems I ran my first print using it and continued modeling on my computer only to come back to a snapped-off tip just above the heating unit, I originally thought it was the z-axis offset on the machine so re-calibrated and tried again. This time a filament feed issue happened so sorted that and continued with the print only for it to snap the nozzle assembly in half again, this time I noticed that the bed came all the way up too where I calibrated the z axis too and held the metal bracket under the nozzle hard against it and then the extruder went too move and it’s broke my 2nd nozzle. My main question is, shouldn’t simplify 3D be going off of the machine’s z-axis and know that the metal bracket is there? on flash print it stops about 10mm below the extruders and brings the extruder out too the print area and raises the bed the rest of the way. Is there a setting in Simplify or do I need to adjust the g-code? heard so many good things about this software but it’s been nothing but a headache so far.

• 3D Printer Model:
  • Slicer:
  • Hardware Setup:
  • Problem description:
  • What I tried:

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with Simplify 3D. It sounds like there might be an issue with the software not recognizing the position of the metal bracket under the nozzle.

Firstly, I would recommend double-checking your printer profile settings in Simplify 3D. Make sure that the build volume is set correctly and that the z-axis offset is set to the correct value for your printer. You may also want to check the g-code settings to ensure that they are compatible with your printer.

If that doesn’t solve the issue, you could try manually editing the g-code to adjust the z-axis height. You can do this by opening the g-code file in a text editor and finding the line that controls the z-axis movement. You can then adjust the height value to ensure that the nozzle is not colliding with the metal bracket.

Alternatively, you could contact Simplify 3D’s customer support team for assistance. They may be able to help you troubleshoot the issue or provide guidance on how to configure the software to work with your specific printer.

In any case, I would recommend being cautious when printing with Simplify 3D until you can identify and resolve the issue. It’s always better to err on the side of caution to prevent any further damage to your printer or its components