So how many of you have thought about tossing yours into the street? LOL

I have a heavily modified set of Anet A8’S using Lerdge MB’s, steppers, all metal V6 hotends, tons of extras.
Yet, first layers suck…
I can find myself literally spending all day just trying to get the bastard to print…
It’s not the quality of the parts…it’s just a fussy a$$ machine. It’s always something…it seems 3D printers are just PITA machines…
Has anyone else just about gone into tantrum mode over these things?

My setup was a pair of very, very used Anet A8’s that I picked up for $40 for the pair. I then immediately threw out the Anet main boards, and all that compiling nonsense, and bought two lerdge mainboards. Its litterally like going from DOS, to Windows. I can make adjustments on the fly. I love it.
I then upgraded the stepper motors, wiring, New hot plate and magnetic PEI sheets, some LED’s, and new extruders.
But I am still stunned at how much fiddleyness there is with these devices. I have to go through a major setup process, making sure everything is level, and square to everything else, then run a bed leveling routine. And try, adjust, try, adjust… Theres always something…
On the counter hand of that, is my laser engraving machine. This is a true set it and forget it machine. I leave a wifi camera on it at all times, to be safe. But Im very surprised at how much is needed for the 3D printer by comparison.

I love 3D printing, and am looking for further upgrades, probably to the frames. But Im glad to be here, and hope I can both help, and learn from you all.

I just learned the packing tape warped bed fix today, and Ive had my 3D printers for over a year.

1 Like