Sovol SV04 Review: Large Format IDEX 3D Printer

Originally published at: Sovol SV04 Review: Large Format IDEX 3D Printer | 3D Print Beginner

I’ve heard good things about Sovol in the past, so when they contacted me for reviewing the Sovol SV04 IDEX 3D printer, I happily accepted. The Sovol SV04 is the first IDEX 3D printed from their portfolio. It’s a large format 3D printer with dual direct-drive extruders and a few…

Thank you for your amazing reviews! I have a Bluer Plus and now am getting an SV04. I played with the painting of color in PrusaSlicer, and it is awesome.But I’m confused about something - if I paint an object with 2 colors in PS, I can slice it fine.but is there a way to get the “colorized” object into Cura? I tried opening the 3mf, the stl, and even the gcode from PS in Cura (with SV04 dual mode profile in Cura), but I cant see any evidence that it is using 2 extruders. maybe I don’t know where to look. Should this work?

Sorry, I do not use Cura and I am not very experienced there.

Alright this a technical question. you look like your pretty good with printers based on those prints in the article. I have messaged on about 10 platforms, messaged sovol and no one knows the answer or has any legitimate suggestions. I am praying that maybe you will be able to help. thnx in advance, here we go.
Hello all I am new to this thread and usually I try and solve printing problems on my own, but for this one I am in need of some assistance.
I currently own a SOVOL SV04. I have had it for about a year. I recently ran into an issue that has seemed to manifest itself somewhat slowly and is now very significant causing Target temps not being met and Thermal overshoot by about 30C.
The issue:
E0 Set temp 240C , temp climbs by about 5C per 5 seconds and stops at around 230C and then heating failure message.
E1 set temp 240C, Temp climbs rapidly by 30C per 5 seconds and overshoots by about 20-30.
Things I have tried to fix the issue.

• PID auto tuning.
    -checking any and all connections to the breakout board confirming they are secure.
    -Checking connections to mainboard confirming they are secure.
  • replaced both thermistors on E0 and E1 with bulb thermistor and tube thermistor both 100k
  • replaced both heaters. twice.

Things I have done to test

• switched the ribbon connected from E0 to E1 and the ribbon connected E1 to E0.
    Results: Left breakout board continues to slow heat and right breakout board continues to rapidly heat No matter what ribbon is connected.
    -completely unplugged all connections to E1, and heated only E0
    Results: Heats normally by about 15C per 5 seconds.
    repeated this for E1, heats normally.
    -swapped breakout board from left side and installed to right side, Right side and installed to left side.
    Heated them both to 240C.
    Results: E0 heats slowly and times out, E1 heats rapidly and overshoots.
    -Mirror mode and duplicate mode only E0 prints E1 stays parked and does not heat.
    Im at a loss at this point. Any suggestions would be appreciated.