How to Install Klipper on Sidewinder X2: Config and Setup

Originally published at: How To Install Klipper On Sidewinder X2: Config And Setup | 3D Print Beginner

The Sidewinder X2 is quite a capable machine, but it can be even better with Klipper Firmware. In this guide I will show you how to install Klipper on Sidewinder X2 and take advantage of all the benefits it comes with. What is Klipper? Klipper is an open-source firmware for your…

I have been transferring my Genius Pro to Klipper just now. Initially it didnt work, but I got a great hint from someone in Reddit, saying I should issue the ls /dev/serial/by-id/* command after having flashed the firmware and connected the printer with the PI, to find my own ID which had to be inserted in the MCU part of the printer.cfg file (this in case you are using a printer.cfg from soomeone else.)
MAy be some other read here might benefit from this as well.
Thanks for the general isntructions in any case

Hi. Is there a way to enable the runout sensor? I checked the documentation and there is a switch/config but I have no clue what pin I have to add.

If I remember correctly, the filament sensor on the X2 is wired to the TFT screen.
If you change its location, then you should be able to find the pin and enable it in the config.